Thursday, January 8, 2009

yesterday

the better half of yesterday was spent doing my usual lollygagging at the library. or rather, "my" library, which a friend of mine noticed i tend to call it...as if it is no one else's. it's true.

this time i was on more of a mission than usual, however, as i was specifically seeking out the film "the darjeeling limited" (on the shelf it rested, as i had hoped--success) and "the bell jar" by sylvia plath (there was a whopping total of five copies i could choose from: two hardcover, three soft; i went with soft). i realize that sylvia plath is so five years ago, but i'll accept the embarrassment that comes with the fact that i have a ridiculous amount of reading to catch up on. which i will have time to do, now that i'm retired.

i also grabbed the movie "annie hall," which wasn't part of the original plan, but they're free rentals, and i'm positive that i'm the only person who is continuously checking out that movie only to let it rest in its case before having to take it back in time for its due date. it's a shame, it's a good flick. i will get to it one of these days.

got home and had some cinnamon tea that my friend jason gifted me for christmas/hannukah, along with the most adorable tea set i have ever seen. it is the color turquoise, my favorite. these are the kind of friends you keep around. spent the rest of the afternoon sipping tea while reading my book in the room in my house that no one uses besides me, but only when no one is home.

i need to do these things more often. being retired was great until winter break ended and everyone else's lives went back to how they were before and mine didn't. it is okay. i have my book, and my tea, and my movies. and my library.

No comments: