Tuesday, December 2, 2008

haircutzz

a date has been scheduled for Lauren to cut my hair. it's about time, because i'm pretty sure i should STOP thinking that i can cut my own hair. it's like, once ya start ya just can't stop... i've been putting off getting my haircut because a) the girl who usually cuts my hair is in chicago, and b) i'm trying to grow my hair out so i can be a beautiful, long-haired bombshell again hahha. so in the meantime, i have been snipping here and there, but it's gotten to the point where i can no longer let my hair down without it resembling a mullet. thus, the ponytail remains, and i am SO over this ponytail.

this blog entry is boring.

continuing,

my past experiences of being a self-proclaimed hair stylist should have all led me to never pick up a pair of scissors again. i'll be specific.

age 5: i was tired of having bangs, so i thought that the most logical solution was to cut them off with blue plastic scissors. i was scheduled to be in a play the following week. my mother was thrilled, to say the least.
age 7: i decided that my skipper doll needed a trim, however she eventually became bald because i am such a perfectionist that i refused to stop cutting until her hair was completely even......
skip ahead a few years, during my freshman year of college, i decided that i was capable of giving myself bangs, however it was such a timid work-in-progress that it spanned across at least three months, clippings were mysteriously found everywhere, the drain got clogged a few times, and it got to the point where the roommates demanded, "PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN." they hid them from me for the rest of the year.

aside from those details, i thought i did a fine job, and i attempted to cut bangs again a few years later, which was when my faithful hairstylist was like, "you should probably.....not do that again."
I never give up.

SO THANX LAUREN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i tried to cut my hair once. in like 9th grade. i'm now in a 12 step program. step 1: admit that you are powerless over the hair.